Real Estate Services
Asset Management Services
Financial Property Management
Safe Harbor Realty provides comprehensive management services to maximize rental income through lease enforcement, tenant communications and stable occupancy.
- Rent, cam and property tax payment collections
- Credit card payments and direct deposits for efficient rent collection
- Enforcement of consistent rent payment practices and eviction proceedings
- Payment of recurring expenses
- Monthly bank reconciliation and proceed disbursements per owner instructions
- Monthly report generation including; rent roll, income statements and balance sheets
- Annual report preparation including; annual budget, annual reconciliation, income statements and balance sheets
- Property tax reduction pursuit using outside counsel on contingency basis
- Preparation of tax returns and distribution of K1s
Physical Property Management
Property Maintenance Services from Safe Harbor Realty are designed to reduce overall expenditures and promote the quality and appearance of the property.
- Regular on-site inspections to ensure performance of mechanical equipment, integrity of the building structure and appearance of the property
- Third party vendor contract negotiation, service coordination and performance evaluation
- 24/7 maintenance services available through third party vendors
- Monthly inspection reports to inform owners of property condition
In addition to financial and physical management, Safe Harbor Realty also coordinates association meetings, elections, budgets, and assessments and provides information to lenders upon request.
Subsidized Housing Services
Rent and Financing Programs
Safe Harbor Realty has vast experience performing the following services for subsidized housing programs.
- Process applications for subsidized tenants (HAP contracts for CHA primarily)
- Process applications for subsidized buildings/units (CLIHTF subsidies run with units)
- Conduct initial inspections for acceptance into various programs
- Provide subsequent reports and inspections needed to maintain subsidies (we utilize both third party maintenance contractors and Safe Harbor employees for repairs/inspections).
Subsidized Rental Programs
Chicago Housing Authority (CHA)
Housing Authority of Cook County (HACC)
Chicago Low Income Housing Trust Fund (CLIHTF)
Will County Housing Authority (WCHA)
Center for Housing and Health
Veteran’s housing (VASH)
IHDA-Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA)
Property Financing Programs
Community Investment Corporation (CIC)
Neighborhood Stabilization Program-HUD financing programs (NSP)
The short-term nature of receivership management differs dramatically from traditional investment property management procedures. Safe Harbor Realty understands this and will act as an impartial third party intermediary with the primary objective of protecting the property's value on behalf of the court while preparing for the possible sale, foreclosure or redemption of the property in the near future.
We assist owners, lenders and courts with the following services.
- Stabilization of properties, occupancy and restoration of services
- Negotiation and management of service contracts and vendors
- Deferred maintenance requirements and recommendations
- Monthly income and expense accounting
- Report generation tailored to the needs of the court and secured creditors